Pearson Education Limited
Pearson brings to you the revised edition of Cryptography and Network Security by Stallings. In an age of viruses and hackers, electronic eavesdropping and electronic fraud on a global scale, security
is paramount. The purpose of this book is to provide a practical survey of both the principles and practice of cryptography and network security. In the first part of the book, the basic issues to be addressed by network security capability are explored by providing a tutorial and survey of cryptography and network security technology. The latter part of the book deals with the practice of network security—practical applications that have been implemented and are in use to provide network security.
1. Throughout the book, refinements and revisions improve pedagogy and user-friendliness, in addition to substantive changes.
2. Comprehensive, up-to-date surveys of cryptographic algorithms provide an understanding of the important algorithms and allow students to assess their relative strengths and weaknesses.
3. New sections on fundamental security design principles, attack surfaces and attack trees.
4. Chapter on Email Security has been completely rewritten to provide a comprehensive and upto-date discussion of the topic.
5. Discussion on user authentication model, cloud security and Transport Layer Security has been thoroughly reorganized and expanded in the new edition to reflect recent developments.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Computer and Network Security Concepts
Chapter 2 Introduction to Number Theory
Chapter 3 Classical Encryption Techniques
Chapter 4 Block Ciphers and the Data Encryption Standard
Chapter 5 Finite Fields
Chapter 6 Advanced Encryption Standard
Chapter 7 Block Cipher Operation
Chapter 8 Random Bit Generation and Stream Ciphers
Chapter 9 Public-Key Cryptography and RSA
Chapter 10 Other Public-Key Cryptosystems
Chapter 11 Cryptographic Hash Functions
Chapter 12 Message Authentication Codes
Chapter 13 Digital Signatures
Chapter 14 Key Management and Distribution
Chapter 15 User Authentication Protocols
Chapter 16 Network Access Control and Cloud Security
Chapter 17 Transport-Level Security
Chapter 18 Wireless Network Security
Chapter 19 Electronic Mail Security
Chapter 20 IP Security.