National Council Of Educational Research And Training
|Number of Pages||144 Pages|
Published in 2014 by NCERT, this Fundamentals of Physical Geography - Textbook closely maintains parity with the syllabus and guidelines that have been prescribed by CBSE. It contains within itself an in-depth knowledge base that will enrich the minds of young students who are to appear for their class 11 examinations. It comes in a paperback form and boasts content that has been written in simple language that makes it an all-time favourite amongst students.
Chapters Covered in the Textbook:
UNIT I: GEOGRAPHY AS A DISCIPLINE
• Geography as a Discipline
UNIT II: THE EARTH
• The Origin and Evolution of the Earth
• Interior of the Earth
• Distribution of Oceans and Continents
UNIT III: LANDFORMS
• Minerals and Rocks
• Geomorphic Processes
• Landforms and their Evolution
UNIT IV: CLIMATE
• Composition and Structure of Atmosphere
• Solar Radiation, Heat Balance and Temperature
• Atmospheric Circulation and Weather Systems
• Water in the Atmosphere
• World Climate and Climate Change
UNIT V: WATER (OCEANS)
• Water (Oceans)
• Movements of Ocean Water
UNIT VI: LIFE ON THE EARTH
• Life on the Earth
• Biodiversity and Conservation
Salient Features of the Textbook
• It contains colourful illustrations that help the students to understand the different phenomenon which is a physical part of Earth and our environment.
• Helps the students with the study of processes and patterns in the natural environment like the atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, and geosphere, as opposed to the cultural or built environment, the domain of human geography.
• It is enriched with updated data that has been verified by different scientific and demographic institutions.