National Council Of Educational Research And Training
A publication by NCERT, this textbook of Honey Dew is an apt choice for the students of Class 8 to learn English. Clubbed with interesting stories and easy language, this book will keep the students hooked on and interested. Here, students are introduced to eminent authors like Satyajit Ray, Nathaniel Hawthorne and H.P.S. Ahluwalia. Poems of William Blake and R.S. Thomas will also help the students to understand the beauty of English Literature. Besides, it has been designed as per the latest guidelines and syllabus laid-out by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
Table of Contents
• The Best Christmas Present in the World
The Ant and the Cricket
• The Tsunami
• Glimpses of the Past
Macavity: The Mystery Cat
• Bepin Choudhury’s Lapse of Memory
The Last Bargain
• The Summit Within
The School Boy
• This is Jody’s Fawn
The Duck and the Kangaroo
• A Visit to Cambridge
When I set out for Lyonnesse
• A Short Monsoon Diary
On the Grasshopper and Cricket
• The Great Stone Face–I
• The Great Stone Face–II
Salient Features of the Textbook
• Colourful illustrations make the learning interesting for the students.
• ‘Glossary’ section helps the students to learn the meaning of new words.
• Meanings are also provided at the sides for the benefit of the students.
• Questions at the end of each chapter help the students to self-assess their knowledge base.
• Language structure helps the students to sharpen their basic concept of grammar.