National Council Of Education Research and Training
|Number of Pages||258 Pages|
An answer to the inquisitiveness of its young readers, this Themes in World History textbook remains a favourite amongst the students of Class 11. It has been published by the NCERT and it closely follows the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE. This 2013 edition comes in a paperback form.
Chapters covered in this book:
• Section I: EARLY SOCIETIES
• Theme I: From the Beginning of Time
• Theme 2: Writing and City Life
• Section II: EMPIRES
• Theme 3: An Empire Across Three Continents
• Theme 4: The Central Islamic Lands
• Theme 5: Nomadic Empires
• Section III: CHANGING TRADITIONS
• Theme 6: The Three Orders
• Theme 7: Changing Cultural Traditions
• Theme 8: Confrontation of Cultures
• Section IV TOWARDS MODERNISATION
• Theme 9: The Industrial Revolution
• Theme 10: Displacing Indigenous Peoples
• Theme 11: Paths to Modernisation
Salient features of this Textbook:
• It features content that has been written in a simple language which is easy for the students to grasp the basic concepts.
• The chapters have been divided into sub-subsections which will help the young minds to learn every detail of an era.
• The interactive language introduces the students to the continental and the world History.
• It helps the students to learn the emergence of the modern society.
• Exercises at the end of each chapter help the student to evaluate their own knowledge base.