Cengage Learning India Pvt Ltd
|Number of Pages
Embedded Microcomputer Systems: Real Time Interfacing provides an in-depth discussion of the design of real-time embedded systems using 9S12 micro-controllers. This book covers the hardware aspects of interfacing, advanced software topics (including interrupts), and a systems approach to typical embedded applications. This text stands out from other microcomputer systems books because of its balanced, in-depth treatment of both hardware and software issues important in real time embedded systems design. It features a wealth of detailed case studies that demonstrate basic concepts in the context of actual working examples of systems.
1. Content on the now obsolete 6811 micro-controller has been removed in this new edition
2. Includes numerous new design examples.
3. Many new exercises have been added which are divided into "Simple Answer" "Detailed Design" and "Lab Assignments" sections.
4. Additional content in the sections on real-time operating systems (Chapter 5) and file systems (Chapter 10).
5. Brand new sections on: requirements documents, MOS circuits, low power design, transmission lines, parallel programming, recursion, logic analyzers, modular programming, synchronization using semaphores, pseudo vectors, time jitter, I2C, motor electromagnet
6. Emphasizes the importance of combining concepts and examples as an effective method of educating student engineers.
7. Presents a complete bottom-up approach to embedded systems.
8. Rich with detailed case studies that illustrate the basic concepts in the context of actual working embedded systems applications.
9. Numerous Checkpoint questions interspersed throughout the text test conceptual understanding as students read. The answers are provided at the end of the book for self evaluation.
10. Unique pedagogical features, such as Common Error, Observation, and Programming Tip, that enable easy implementation of the concepts learned in problems and in labs.