Viva Books Pvt Ltd
Good communication skills in English equal success in the information age.
An integrated communication skills course for classes 1 to 8, English First makes the acquisition of these skills effortless and enjoyable for school-level learners.
Main Features of the Supplementary Reader
• Focus on developing reading habit
• A rich variety of texts from traditional and contemporary literature from around the world
• Fairy tales, local legends, short stories, extracts from classics, plays, poems and many other genres of writing
• Questions to test comprehension
• Activities intended to promote learning beyond the book
• A delicate balance between simplicity of language and original literary flavour
• Colourful layout and engaging illustrations
• Learner-centric and teacher-friendly
The Series Editor:
Dr Sharda Kaushik is the Director of the Regional Institute of English, Chandigarh. A former Fulbright Fellow, she has a Master's in ELT from the University of Reading, UK, and another Master's in TV-Radio from Syracuse University, USA. Her areas of research include the teaching of English in the context of Indian English used in print media. She has several years of national and international experience in curriculum planning, syllabus design and education management, besides numerous publications.