Overview: This textbook has been written according to the syllabus designed by the UGC for a core course in environmental studies. It will be useful for undergraduate students, of all Indian universities, studying this subject as part of their BSc, BCom, BA and BTech course.
Complete coverage of the UGC course curriculum.
Simple and holistic approach using case studies.
Balanced micro- and macro-level analysis of human interaction with the environment.
Dedicated chapter providing guidelines for field work Student-friendly pedagogical features to facilitate TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. The Multidisciplinary Nature of Environmental Studies
2. Natural Resources?Renewable and Non-Renewable
4. Biodiversity and its Conservation
5. Environmental Pollution
6. Social Issues and the Environment
7. Human Population and the Environment
8. Field Work