Jaico Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Encyclopaedias & reference works
30 Powerful Principles for Building Math & Numeracy Skills
Ace Your Competitive Exams
• Uncover the "secrets" of basic math
• Learn to translate words into math
• Solve math problems by thinking conceptually
• Understand the meaning behind basic graphs
Improve Your Math Skills and Achieve Greater Academic and Professional Success
Power Math is an invaluable guide for the person who wants to fine-tune his or her numerical mindset and see math in a new way.
• Contains 120 all-star problems and 30 recurring math principles to help readers uncover the secrets of basic math.
• Develop a feel for how numbers behave and what makes math problems tick.
• Watch for pitfalls when working with percentage increase and decrease.
• Use simple math to solve "business" scenarios involving price, cost, volume, profit, and break-even, and to calculate mark-up versus margin and efficiency.
• Be able to glance at graphs and grasp their underlying meaning.
• Understand correlation: weak or strong, positive or negative, linear or nonlinear.
BRANDON ROYAL (CPA, MBA) is an award-winning author, who through his work as a teacher and educational consultant, has developed a set of key learning principles that help define the basics of reasoning, math, writing, and grammar.