Jaico Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Encyclopaedias & reference works
20 Powerful Principles for Clear and Effective Writing
Ace Your Competitive Exams
• Choose the best writing structure
• Create powerful, memorable sentences
• Understand the importance of support points
• Use readability tools to enhance presentation
Sharpen Your Writing Skills and Achieve Greater Academic and Professional Success
Power Writing! is an invaluable guide for anyone who wants to master those skills that will make a good writer even better. Enjoy the benefits of your own self-paced writing course:
• Structure relates to organization and the order in which you present ideas. Learn to choose a structure to best develop your ideas and to write with a top-down approach.
• Style describes how you write, including how you use specific examples to support what is written. Learn to write simple, powerful, and vivid prose. Understand how to vary sentence beginnings, create formal and informal tones, and stay gender neutral.
• Readability focuses on presentation and how to make your document visually pleasing and easy to read. Learn how to make key words stand out, how to use headings and headlines to "frame" writing, and how to use white space to allow your documents to "breathe."
BRANDON ROYAL (CPA, MBA) is an award-winning author, who through his work as a teacher and educational consultant, has developed a set of key learning principles that help define the basics of reasoning, math, writing, and grammar.