National Council Of Educational Research And Training
|Number of Pages||106 Pages|
|Dimensions (Cms)||20 x 13 x 1|
Students would love to read English when they have this Flamingo textbook in their syllabus. Comprising various proses and poems by famous authors, this paperback edition will encourage the students to learn new words to excel in the English language. This book covers all those poems and proses that are outlined by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Table of Contents:
• The Last Lesson - Alphonse Daudet
• Lost Spring - Anees Jung
• Deep Water - William Douglas
• The Rattrap - Selma Lagerlof
• Indigo Louis - Fischer
• Poets And Pancakes - Asokamitran
• The Interview
• Part I - Christopher Silvester
• Part II - An Interview with Umberto Eco
• Going Places -A. R. Barton
• My Mother At Sixty-Six - Kamala Das
• An Elementary School Classroom In A Slum - Stephen Spender
• Keeping Quiet - Pablo Neruda
• A Thing Of Beauty - John Keats
• A Roadside Stand - Robert Frost
• Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers - Adrienne Rich
Salient Features of the Textbook:
• ‘About the author’ section at the beginning of each chapter helps the students to enrich their knowledge about the writers.
• In some chapters, the meanings of new words are given in simple language so that students can easily grasp the same.
• Each chapter includes certain activity tasks like ‘working with the words’ that encourage the students to learn new things to improve their vocabulary skills.