Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
|Number of Pages
The unique format of Adult Degenerative Scoliosis, featuring over 190 colour illustrations.
Aids spine surgeons in the management of various degenerative spinal conditions.
Consisting of three Sections, the book provides an overview of lumbar degenerative scoliosis, indications for treatment and surgical planning and discussion on the available surgical techniques.
Contains authoritative commentary on the experiences of leading surgeons.
Guides surgeons' choice of operative therapy.
This book combines the expertise of both Orthopaedics and Neurosurgery specialists, providing insight into optimal treatment and patient outcomes.
Expected to serve as a manual to readers of several disciplines on the difficult topic of degenerative scoliosis.
Table of Contents:
Section 1: Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis
1. Thoracolumbar Spine Anatomy and Pathoetiology of Degenerative Scoliosis - Shyam A Patel, Jeffrey A Rihn
2. Imaging and Radiographic Measurement Techniques for Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis - Ahmed J Awad, Kenan Al‑khalili, Christopher M Maulucci, Joshua E Heller, James S Harrop
3. The Importance of Spinal Alignment in the Management of Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis - Marco Girolami, Shian Liu, Virgine Lafage, Frank J Schwab
4. Natural History of Non-operative Treatment for Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis - Randall B Graham, Tyler R Koski
5. Clinical and Biomechanical Differences in the Treatment of Adult Degenerative and Idiopathic Scoliosis - Dennis S Meredith, Todd J Albert
Section 2: Surgical Planning
6. When is Posterior Decompression alone Adequate in the Setting of Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis? - Louis F Amorosa, Alan S Hilibrand
7. Determining Fusion Levels in Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis - Adam J Bevevino, Ronald A Lehman, Lawrence G Lenke
8. Is an Interbody Fusion Always Necessary? - Beejal Y Amin, Tarik Ibrahim, Rishi Wadhwa, Hai Le, Charles Eichler, Praveen Mummaneni
9. Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion for Treatment of Degenerative Scoliosis - Kasra Ahmadinia, Frank M Phillips
10. When Does One Stop at L5 as a Distal Fusion Level Instead of the Sacrum in Multilevel Fusions for Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis? - Alp Yurter, Daniel M Sciubba
Section 3: Surgical Techniques
11. Anterior Approaches to the Lumbar Spine - Shay Bess, Bryan Kramer, Salvador A Brau
12. Posterior Fusion Techniques for Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis - Christopher M Maulucci, Mark E Oppenlander, Joshua E Heller
13. Ponte Osteotomy - Anthony M Petrizzo, Jeffrey M Spivak
14. Smith-Peterson Osteotomies - Robert F Heary, John C Quinn
15. Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy - John Paul Kelleher, Paul J Schmitt, Christopher P Ames, Christopher I Shaffrey, Justin S Smith
16. Vertebral Column ReSection in Adult Degenerative Scoliosis - Han Jo Kim, Lawrence G Lenke
17. The Lateral Approach - Rodrigo Amaral, Luis Marchi, Leonardo Oliveira, Luiz Pimenta
18. Spino-pelvic Fixation Strategies in the Setting of Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis - Carlo Bellabarba, Emiliano Vialle, Richard J Bransford
19. Circumferential Approaches - Louis F Amorosa, Anita Mikkilineni, Alexander R Vaccaro
20. Less Invasive Surgery for Adult Degenerative Scoliosis - Michael CL Suryo, Victor Popov, D Greg Anderson