Tata McGraw - Hill Education
|Number of Pages
Book about forecasting methods for managers, for forecasting practitioners, and for students who will one day be business professionals who have a need to understand practical issues related to forecasting. The book presents a broad-based survey of business forecasting methods, including subjective and objective approaches, and delivers practical how-to forecasting techniques, while theory and math are held to a minimum.
Point of Sale data teaches about an important issue to many businesses seeking to improve long and short term planning.
New coverage of collaborative forecasting and new-product forecasting
Supply Chain Issues discussed: The coverage of forecasting as it relates to supply chain issues has been increased to cover cutting-edge companies, such as Wal-Mart, and how they are establishing strong supply chain relationships and operations
Includes many screen shots of actual problems to help students better conceptualize the task at hand TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Introduction to Business Forecasting
2. The Forecast Process, Data Considerations, and Model Selection
3. Moving Averages and Exponential Smoothing
4. Introduction to Forecasting with Regression Methods
5. Forecasting with Multiple Regression
6. Time-Series Decomposition
7. ARIMA Type Forecasting Models
8. Combination and Collaborative Forecasting
9. Forecast Implementation