Cengage Learning India Pvt Ltd
|Number of Pages
Drawing from their experience with comprehensive textbooks Ehrhardt & Brigham focus on the critical financial concepts, skills, and technological applications required by every MBA in the 21st century workplace. The result is a lean textbook that (1) provides an in-depth treatment of all essential topics in corporate finance yet (2) can be covered in its entirely in a single semester.
The only textbook that (1) emphasizes corporate valuation using free cash flows, (2) links all financial decisions to their impact on corporate value, and (3) unifies coverage of corporate governance issues.
The documentation in each chapter provides web sources for useful financial data, including stock prices, financial statements, ratios (company and industry), and various interest rates.
"Web Safaris" on the book's web site provide guided links to useful web data.
Excel files called "Tool Kits" demonstrate the financial applications in the chapter. Included are numerous screen shots that provide a mini-tutorial on many Excel functions and features.
Mini Cases include spreadsheets that show all calculations in the Mini Case PowerPoint show, allowing instructors to toggle between PowerPoint and Excel during class.
An attractive four-color format enhances the book's visual appeal.
The notation for returns is "r" which is consistent with most investment textbooks.
Table of Contents
Part I: Building Blocks of Corporate Finance.
1. An Overview of Corporate Finance and the Financial Environment
2. Time Value of Money
3. Risk and Return
Part II: Valuing Securities and Projects
4. Bonds and Their Valuation
5. Stock and Their Valuation
6. The Cost of Capital
7. Basics of Capital Budgeting
8. Cash Flow Estimation and Risk Analysis
Part III: Corporate Valuation.
9. Financial Statements, Cash Flow, and Taxes
10. Analysis of Financial Statements
11. Financial Planning and Forecasting Financial Statements
12. Corporate Valuation, Value-Based Management, and Corporate Governance
Part IV: Corporate Financing
13. Capital Structure Decisions
14. Distributions to Shareholders: Dividends and Repurchases
Part V: Special Topics
15. Multinational Financial Management
16. Working Capital Management
17. Option Pricing with Applications to Real Options