PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.
|Number of Pages
This comprehensive and uptodate text is designed to provide information to the readers on all important aspects of plant pathology in a single volume. The information on modern areas like Disease diagnosis, Disease forecasting, Biological control, Epidemiology and Biotechnology in disease resistance and safe use of pesticides have been covered, giving most recent concepts. The text is illustrated with flow diagrams, line diagrams, photographs and tables for quick and easy understanding of the subject.
About The Author
H. S. CHAUBE, Ph.D., is Professor, Department of Plant Pathology, College of Agriculture, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar. He has more than three decades of experience in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Plant Pathology. Professor Chaube has conducted seven research projects funded by ICAR, UP-DASP and DBT, and published more than 120 research papers and 30 reviews. A recipient of several prestigious awards for research contributions, he has also authored 8 books and 2 laboratory manuals. His areas of specialization are ecology and management of soil borne pathogens.
V. S. PUNDHIR, Ph.D., is Associate Professor, Department of Plant Pathology, College of Agriculture, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar. He has been engaged in teaching and research in Plant Pathology for more than 25 years. Dr. Pundhir is actively involved in research on sugarbeet and potato diseases. He has to his credit several research papers, published in national and international journals and is also the author of three laboratory manuals in Plant Pathology. His areas of specialization are epidemiology and plant disease management.
Table Of Contents
1. Plant Diseases.
2. Landmarks in Development of Plant Pathology.
3. Diagnosis of Plant Disease.
4. Disease Development.
5. Mechanism of Host Defence.
6. Genetics of Host Pathogen Interaction.
7. Disease Development in Populations.
8. Disease Measurement and Forecasting.
9. Principles of Plant Disease Management.
10. Physical Methods.
11. Regulatory Methods.
12. Cultural Practices.
13. Biological Control.
14. Management Through Host Genes.
15. Chemical Control.
16. Integrated Plant Disease Management.
17. Kingdom: Fungi.
18. Kingdom: Protozoa and Plant Diseases.
19. Kingdom: Chromista (Oomycota), and Plant Diseases.
20. Phylum: Chytridiomycota and Plant Diseases.
21. Phylum: Ascomycota and Plant Diseases.
22. Vascular Wilts.
23. Phylum: Basidiomycota and Plant Diseases.
24. Bacteria and Plant Diseases.
25. Viruses and Plant Diseases.
26. Mollicutes and Plant Diseases.
27. Nematodes and Plant Diseases.
28. Phanerogamic Plant Parasites.
29. Post-Harvest Diseases.
30. Plant Diseases of Unsettled Etiology.
31. Non-Infectious Disorders.