Tata McGraw - Hill Education
|Number of Pages
"2 seekers and 40-50 entrepreneurs rich in ideas".
This was a blog posting soon after a presentation by two VCs that was attended by 50 wannabe entrepreneurs. The posting is an expression of the self-belief that exists in India's youth-budding entrepreneurs who have great ideas, and dream about building billion dollar software product companies.
From Entrepreneurs to Leaders, written by an entrepreneur for an entrepreneur, covers the entire lifecycle of creating a successful software product enterprise. It includes practical aspects like validating a product idea, building a team, creating a company pitch, preparing a business plan for investors, product positioning and pricing, and much more. It features a dozen case studies of Indian software product organizations, ranging from start-ups to those with over $100 million in revenue.
The book includes contributory chapters by industry visionaries-Nandan Nilekani, Former Co-Chairman Infosys, and Mark Leslie, Former CEO and President VERITAS Software.
First-time entrepreneurs, leaders and management teams would find the book useful for building successful software product companies from India. TABLE OF CONTENTS : -
1. The Rise of Indian Software Product Companies
2. Lessons in Leadership [..learnt while taking VERITAS from start-up to $1.5 billion in ten years (1990-2000)]
3. Off the Starting Block: The Initial Trigger and Plan (Start-ups-Low and pre-revenue companies)
4. The First Mile: Forming the Team and Signing Up Clients (Early stage companies and upstarts-Rs. 2-20 crores revenue)
5. Finding the Rhythm: Growing the Team and Customers (Mid-stage and growth companies-Rs. 20-200 crores revenue)
6. In Sprint Mode: Dynamics of a Successful Large Organization (Large companies-aspiring to $1 billion revenue)
7. The Home Stretch: Looking into the Crystal Ball
8. Epilogue-A Different Kind of Billion