|Number of Pages
Jigeesha’s History of India & Indian National Movement is a comprehensive book designed for UPSC aspirants preparing for the preliminary examinations. The text is divided into four parts—Academic Abstracts, Quick Review Sheets, Annexures, and Question Banks. The academic abstracts present notes on the history of India and the National Movement further classified by era into ancient, medieval and modern India. The Quick Review Sheets, as the name signifies, are a quick read and recall tool to facilitate last-minute revision. The Annexures provide additional support material for quick recapitulation in the form of timelines and brief facts. Finally, the Question Bank provides topic-wise questions based on the original question pattern along with the answer key. Beginning with the basics and progressing in a step-by-step manner, all topics are handled in a comprehensive manner. This will allow the reader ample opportunity to grasp the concepts and practise applicative techniques in a focused manner. The book is a complete course in specific topics, and will help the aspirant to prepare for any changes in format, or in question types, in the actual examination.
• Provides information in easy to assimilate forms such as bulleted lists, tables, and charts.
• Supports information with illustrations and images such as those of artwork, architecture, and sculptures
• Features maps to represent information such as early geography, prehistoric sites, and empire boundaries
• Provides about 275 previous years’ questions, as part of the topic-wise Quick Review Sheets, from high-importance topics, with year-wise tagging, along with answer keys
• Includes a bank of 180 history questions based on the original question pattern
• Provides annexures on timelines of the Indian National Movement and the developments in India from 1947 to 1964; lists of British representatives and their policies, post-Congress nationalist organizations, important newspapers and journals in the freedom struggle era; and brief facts on the Indian National Congress
• Includes solved questions on history of India and Indian national movement from the 2015 CS preliminary examination