|Number of Pages
Jigeesha’s Indian & World Geography is a comprehensive book designed for UPSC aspirants preparing for the preliminary examinations. The text is divided into four parts—International Geography, Indian Geography, Quick Review Sheets, and Question Banks. International Geography covers topics such as physical geography, climatology and economic geography. Indian Geography covers the geological structure and physiographic features of India, and various other aspects such as climate, soil, agriculture, industries, mineral resources and natural vegetation. The Quick Review Sheets, as the name
signifies, are a quick read and recall tool to facilitate last-minute revision. Finally, the Question Banks provide topic-wise questions based on the original question pattern along with the answer keys.
Beginning with the basics and progressing in a step-by-step manner, all topics are handled in a comprehensive manner. This will allow the reader ample opportunity to grasp the concepts and practise applicative techniques in a focused manner. The book is a complete course in specific topics, and will help the aspirant to prepare for any changes in format, or in question
types, in the actual examination.
• Provides information in easy to assimilate forms such as bulleted lists, tables, and charts
• Supports concepts such as the solar system, structure of the earth, the planetary wind system, the distribution of volcanoes, currents of the various oceans, with illustrations and images
• Features maps to represent information such as the forest cover in India, geothermal provinces, coal fields, types of soil and monsoon winds
• Provides over 70 previous years’ questions, as part of the topic-wise Quick Review Sheets, from high-importance topics, with year-wise tagging, along with answer keys
• Includes a bank of over 200 geography questions based on the original question pattern
• Includes solved questions on Indian and world geography from the 2015 CS preliminary examination