Each year, Mastering AutoCAD appears at the top of the AutoCAD book sales charts, and it is the world's all-time best-selling AutoCAD series, with more than a half million copies in print.Mastering AutoCAD teaches AutoCAD essentials using concise explanations, focused examples, step-by-step instructions, and hands-on projects for both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. This detailed resource works as both a tutorial and stand-alone reference. Part I introduces the basics of the interface and drafting tools; Part II moves into such intermediate skills as effectively using hatches, fields, and tables; Part III details such advanced skills as attributes, dynamic blocks, drawing curves and solid fills; Part IV explores 3D modeling and imaging; and Part V discusses customization and integration. The supporting DVD includes all the project files necessary for the tutorials, at least a dozen video tutorials, a searchable PDF of the entire book, a trial version of AutoCAD, five chapters of advanced material on such topics as Active X and VBA, and additional tools and utilities.
AutoCAD is the leading drawing software, used by design and drafting professionals to create 2D and 3D technical drawings. AutoCAD LT is the less expensive ($1200 vs. $3995) and less powerful version of the software. Autodesk reports an installed base of more than 7 million AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT users.
Publisher Marketing Description:
Author George Omura leads architects, drafters, other AutoCAD users, students, and teachers (instructor support materials will be available) through the most common tasks, provides comprehensive coverage of intermediate skills, and presents advanced topics for more experienced users. Architectural processes are emphasized, but readers from other disciplines can easily apply the concepts and instructions to a variety of projects. The comprehensive coverage of both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT (more than 7 million users combined) means this book will have exceptionally wide appeal.
• Great Revision: This revised and updated edition will feature a DVD with more than a dozen video tutorials, a searchable PDF of the entire book, interesting videos and presentations from AutoCAD creator Autodesk, "before and after" tutorial files, a trial version of AutoCAD, and additional tools and utilities.
• Promoted: Award-winning author George Omura is becoming a savvy book promoter and has innovative plans in place to gain and sustain awareness and interest in this title throughout its lifecycle.
• Early and Authorized: Mastering AutoCAD will be released in May, one month earlier than last year's version, and it is written by Autodesk Authorized Author and published by an Autodesk Authorized Publisher.Praised: As in previous editions, we expect an effusive foreword and cover praise quote from Autodesk. For the 2010 edition, the cover quote from the AutoCAD senior product manager was, "Whether you're new to AutoCAD or a veteran, you will undoubtedly find this book to be an excellent resource."
TABLE OF CONTENTS : -
Part 1: The Basics
· Exploring the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT Interface
· Creating Your First Drawing
· Setting Up and Using AutoCAD's Drafting Tools
· Organizing Objects with Blocks and Groups
· Keeping Track of Layers and Blocks
Part 2: Mastering Intermediate Skills
· Editing and Reusing Data to Work Efficiently
· Mastering Viewing Tools, Hatches, and External References
· Introducing Printing, Plotting, and Layouts
· Understanding Plot Styles
· Adding Text to Drawings
· Using Fields and Tables
· Using Dimensions
Part 3: Mastering Advanced Skills
· Using Attributes
· Copying Existing Drawings into AutoCAD
· Advanced Editing and Organizing
· Laying Out Your Printer Output
· Making "Smart" Drawings with Parametric Tools
· Using Dynamic Blocks
· Drawing Curves
· Getting and Exchanging Data from Drawings
Part 4: 3D Modeling and Imaging
· Creating 3D Drawings
· Using Advanced 3D Features
· Rendering 3D Drawings
· Editing and Visualizing 3D Solids
· Exploring 3D Mesh Modeling
Part 5: Customization and Integration
· Using the Express Tools
· Exploring AutoLISP
· Customizing Toolbars, Menus, Linetypes, and Hatch Patterns
· Managing and Sharing Your Drawings
· Keeping a Project Organized with Sheet Sets