Elsevier Publishing Company
|Number of Pages||450 Pages|
About the Book: Oral Medicine: Exam Preparatory Manual forUndergraduates
This book is written in a concise, easily understandableformatfor students to learn all the essential aspects of oralmedicineand guide them to write well structured answers intheirexaminations. It will help those who wish to attain agoodknowledge about the nature, identification and behaviour ofthevarious oral diseases.
Every other text book available in the speciality may bewellwritten, encompassing different dimensions of oral diseases,butthey leave the students clueless during exam preparation withtheirVolumeuminous or sparse information. So, this book is designedin awell structured format especially for BDS undergraduatestudentswith a comprehensive exam oriented description of oraldiseases.This concise text book helps student to understand andrememberevery important aspect of oral medicine in a simplemanner.
This book covers every important aspect of oral medicine inaquestion and answer format, which gives a better insighttowardsthe subject even for mediocre students. The simpleexplanations,list of possible questions in each topic, colourclinicalphotographs, clinico-pathological correlations, flowcharts, tablesand schematic illustrations add a lot of value tothis book.
Covers all the essential topics of oral medicine in aquestionand answer format.
All the oral diseases are described to-the-point onpathogenesis,clinical features, radiological features,histopathology,differential diagnosis and prognosis and predictivefactors.
Most of the concepts and classifications of oral diseasesareupdated.
Simple explanations, list of possible questions in eachtopic,hand drawn histopathology diagrams, flow charts, tablesandschematic illustrations are the special features of thisbook.
The simple explanations in this book provide betterclaritytowards the subject.
The list of questions in each topic provides an idea forthestudents regarding possible ways of asking questionsfromrespective topics in examination.
The hand drawn histopathology diagrams in this book emphasizethediagrammatic representation of microscopic features of theorallesions to construe themselves better in examinations andpreparingpractical records.
Flow charts, tables and schematic illustrations helps studentstointerpret their hard work on answer paper in examinations inashorter period of time.
1. Diagnostic procedures
2. Developmental disturbances of oral and paraoralstructures
3. Vesicular, bullous and ulcerative lesions
4. Red, white and pigmented lesions of oral cavity
5. Benign and Malignant tumors of the oral cavity
6. Salivary glands pathology
7. Cysts and tumors of odontogenic origin
8. Bacterial, Viral and Fungal infections of the oral cavity
9. Diseases of the Periodontium
10. Dental caries, diseases of pulp and periapical tissues
11. Oral aspects of metabolic disease
12. Diseases of bone, temporomandibular joint andmaxillaryantrum
13. Diseases of the blood and blood forming organs
14. Diseases of the nerves and muscles
15. Pharmacology in oral medicine