|Number of Pages
ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION: APPROACHES AND PROCESSES, 5e, International Edition presents organizational communication from both a communication and managerial perspective. Professor Miller's clear writing style and consistent use of examples and case studies result in a text that undergraduate students will find easy to understand.
Up-to-date coverage on important topics including feminist communication theory, diversity, technology, crisis communication, globalization, and emotion in the workplace.
"Spotlight on Scholarship" cases in each chapter focus on a specific person and his or her accomplishment with respect to the topic covered in the chapter.
"Case In Point" boxes integrated throughout illustrate the text's contents with organizational events from a wide range of contexts
End-of-chapter case studies and discussion questions help students understand difficult material and apply what they've learned.
Table of Contents
1. The Challenge of Organizational Communication.
2. Classical Approaches.
3. Human Relations and Human Resources Approaches.
4. Systems Approaches.
5. Cultural Approaches.
6. Critical Approaches.
7. Assimilation Processes.
8. Decision-Making Processes.
9. Conflict Management Processes.
10. Change and Leadership Processes in Organizations.
11. Processes of Emotion in the Workplace.
12. Organizational Diversity Processes.
13. Technological Processes.
14. The Changing Landscape of Organizations.