This book aims to meet the requirements of the researchers in identifying problems and solving them with the help of a robust statistical software package.
For this, it focuses on providing sports scientists and physical educationists with the knowledge and skills needed to carry out research by using the SPSS. It provides a crisp, clear, and easy understanding of the methods, processes, and statistical techniques used in sports research.
Primarily meant for the students at the post-graduate level, it will also be useful for the teachers in the field of sports and physical education. Students of humanities and other disciplines can also use this book for learning the application of SPSS by themselves. TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Data Analysis An Introduction
2. Descriptive profile
3. Tabulation of data and cross tabulation with chi-square test
4. Correlation coefficient and partial correlation
5. Regression analysis and multiple correlations
6. Comparing means
7. One-way ANOVA
8. Two-way analysis of variance
9. Analysis of covariance
10. Application of factor analysis
11. Application of discriminant function analysis