|Number of Pages
Engineering Technology Management
Construction sector is one of the major industries in India employing about 35 million people. The construction actiivities range from construction of rural houses to multi-storied framed structures, from village roads to express highways, docks and harbours to air ports, thermal power house to major hydro-electric power projects, bridges to metro rail projects etc. Safety represents most important concern for the construction projects which results in increased costs and delays besides personal injuries or even fatalities.
Table of Contents
PART I - GENERAL
* Safety, Health and Environment in Construction - An Introduction *Accidents and their prevention *Safety, health and environment management *Disaster management *Management of Disasters *Crisis management *Risk management *Fire safety *Personal protection equipment *Safety standards and codes *construction project insurance
PART II - SAFETY
*Hazards in construction *Safety for vehicles and transportation *Safety in heavy earth moving machinery *Lifting and hoisting equipment *Tools, plants and other equipment * Safety in fabrication and in workshop *Safety in excavation works * Explosives, Drilling and Blassting * Safety in Deep Foundation and Piling
* Safety in Underground Works * Fall Protection, Structural Framework and Concreting * Confined-Space Entry * Safety in Materials Handling and Storage * Safety in Building Construction and Demolition * Electrical Safety * Security Management * Road and Rail Safety * Dam safety * Safe Working Practices * Legal Aspects of Safety * Do's and Don'ts for Safety.
PART III - OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH
*Occupational Health Hazards * Industrial Psychology and Work Environment * First-Aid and Medical Care
* Ergonomics * Health Care and Management.
PART - IV - ENVIRONMENT IN CONSTRUCTION
* Environment and Development * Environmental Hazards (Degradation) * Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
* Environmental Management Plant * Resettlement and Rehabilitation (R&R) * Appendices