Phi Learning Private Ltd
|Number of Pages
This comprehensive, easy-to-read, down to earth and interesting Disaster Recovery Handbook guides you, the reader in a step-by-step manner, in overcoming and preventing disasters of diverse kind. It gives you the tools needed to protect your organization in the event of a disaster. It also tells you how to steer clear of disaster, and how to reduce (or mitigate) their impact.
Detailed instructions provided in the book include those on :
Assembling a disaster recovery team
Building an interim plan for immediate protection
Setting up an emergency operations center
Ensuring the health and physical safety of your people
Recovering vital records
Protecting your material resources Loaded with examples, references, statistics, functions, and practical solutions, the book is a veritable source of information. It features a special CD-ROM with templates for process and skill matrices, contact databases, risk-assessment score sheets, and more.
The book should be of great benefit to business corporates and entrepreneurs in disaster management and recovery.
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Plan
1. Getting Started: Overview of the Project.
2. Risk Assessment: Understanding What Can Go Wrong.
3. Build an Interim Plan: Don't Just Sit There, Do Something.
4. Emergency Operations Center: Take Control of the Situation.
5. Writing the Plan: Getting It Down on Paper.
6. Testing: Making Sure It Works.
Part 2: The Assets
7. Electrical Service: Keeping the Juice Flowing.
8. Telecommunications: Your Connection to the World.
9. Vital Records Recovery: Covering Your Assets.
10. Data: Your Most Irreplaceable Asset.
11. Networks: The Ties That Bind.
12. End-User PCs: The Weakest Link.
13. Customers: Other People to Worry About.
14. Suppliers: Collateral Damage.
Part 3: Preventing Disaster
15. Fire: Burning Down the House.
16. Human Resources: Your Most Valuable Asset.
17. Backups: The Key to a Speedy Recovery.
18. Virus Containment: High Tech Pest Control.
19. Health and Safety: Keeping Everyone Healthy.
20. Terrorism: The Wrath of Man.
About the Authors.